Wednesday, October 14, 2009

the news is out!

big sis 008

Ella is going to be a BIG sister!

lake lbj 024lake lbj 027

We have had so much fun telling our friends and family…

lake lbj 017 lake lbj 018 august 038

big sis 002 big sis 003 lake lbj 014   big sis 007big sis 006

 

My due date is April 25!  Exactly 1 day before Michael’s birthday and 3 weeks before Ella’s 2nd birthday.  We will NOT find out the sex of the baby…keeping it a surprise with Ella was so much fun and we are excited about doing that again!  We found out I was pregnant the day of Ella’s 15 month birthday.  It was such a fun morning and Ella was just as excited as we were!  We were headed to Dallas to visit lots of friends, and it was SO hard to keep quiet all weekend!!! 

Dallas 014

 

The morning we found out!  I was already having feelings of guilt about having to spread my attention between 2 kids. I know that’s a natural feeling and I know it will all work out when our baby is here, but right now, it’s still so hard to imagine!  I can’t believe that Ella, my beautiful little baby girl, is going to be the BIG sister!

 

 

We are so excited that I am now 12 weeks along, and spreading the word!  It feels so much more real now that we can talk about it!  I honestly kept forgetting that I was pregnant in the beginning because I stay so busy with Ella!  We have seen an 8-week sonogram and heard the baby’s heartbeat…it was in the 160’s at 11 weeks.  I haven’t felt great, but not horrible either.  I had some morning sickness with Ella, and with this baby I feel a little sick throughout the day, but I haven’t actually gotten sick so that’s good!  My main symptom is pure exhaustion!!!  I’ll be so happy when I gain my energy back and am officially out of the first trimester!

15 comments:

Christi said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you guys!

The Brown Family said...

yea!!! Now I can post my post I have had ready for a week! love you guys!

KK said...

Woohoo, congratulations!

Patty Bratton said...

Congratulations Megan, Michael & Ella!! I pray that God blesses you with an easy pregnancy. Ella is going to find so much wonder in the months to come!

The Adler Family said...

Congratulations!!! Does Ella understand she may have a little brother or sister?? Katelyn is too young and has no idea that baby sister is on her way. My niece is 2 and she laughs when I tell her that a baby is in my tummy! She thinks I'm teasing her.

PS I hear ya about the guilt too!!

The Nash Family said...

Congrats! We are so happy for ya'll.

Emily Suzanne said...

We're so happy for you guys too! Two is different, but I want to really say that it's so amazing! You will be so blown away by the fact that you can truly love TWO little people with such great love~!
You will just look at them both and be sooooo amazed at how your heart expands even further than you thought possible.
(sorry for the dramatic-ness... but it's true!)

Brittny said...

Congratulations!!! We are so excited and happy for you guys!

Elizabeth Cox said...

Congratulations! We're so happy for you and your family! I can tell you that your feelings of guilt will quickly turn into feelings of joy when you see the fun and laughter that Ella experiences with her new baby sister/brother. Our kids get so much joy from each other, and I don't know what they would do without each other. It is a GREAT thing, so don't ever feel guilty. This is a positive for Ella and for your family! :) The more the merrier! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you all! What happy news!

Adrienne

The Paine Family said...

Congrats!!!!!!

CPL said...

MEGAN, MEGAN, MEGAN!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you guys!!! Congrats!!

carla's gateway said...

Big Sisters LOVE little sisters (or brothers I've learned:).......Troy's b'day is April 25 too! (popTroy that is)... good date! not too hot.

Unknown said...

Oh, how exciting! I was just thinking about you guys today and I'm so glad I stopped by your blog! Congratulations! Ella is going to be a super big sister! Now, I'll be watching Megan Brown closely...surely she needs another baby now, too! ;) Don't you agree?

Laura said...

I loved catching up reading this! I am so happy for yal. I totally understand the guilt thing and love that our babies will be so close in age! Are yal going to find out what you are having? Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...