Friday, February 20, 2009

words.

Ella is definitely learning some words and it's so fun! Last week I was working SO hard with her to say "mama" and she would never even make the "m" sound. But, she sort of started saying "baba" (ie. baby) and so then I switched modes and started really working on baby and no longer saying mama as much. Well, now this morning, she started crawling towards me saying "mama", "mom", and "mamama". SO sweet! She loves me and knows my name! :)

She's also cutting her first tooth and was not very happy about it yesterday. She wouldn't let me put her down...tears would start immediately, but would stop the second I picked her up. You can see the tooth coming through the gums...I guess she decided to say my name right now when she really needs my comfort. ;)

2 comments:

Elly Doran said...

It is such awonderful feeling when you KNOW they know you, and need you! It is such a special gift to be a Mom, huh?

The Nash Family said...

It is such a great feeling when mama is the first word!!
She is so cute!!
The teething gets better, the nursing gets harder as the teeth keep coming in, but they get it.
Hope to see ya'll soon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...