These are Asher's favorite things RIGHT NOW as he turns ONE year old!!
10. Being friendly and easy going
At this young age Asher is showing a very friendly and social personality. He will generally go to anyone and when we are at soccer practice or gymnastics and just hanging out waiting for the other kids, he often walks up to other parents just to check out what's going on. He has the sweetest smile too and gets much attention from them right back. He puts his head down and acts shy but I think he's really just being flirtatious. :) He's also very well-adjusted, never having any issues when I leave him at Aunt Kim's house for the day or the gym daycare for an hour or with a babysitter. He is always happy to explore a new territory.
9. Walking, exploring, getting into things!
Asher was my earliest walker, taking steps a few days before he turned 10 months old. He progressed each day and just loves to walk walk walk around the house. He's also very independent and loves to explore. When he first started crawling, there were few times that I "lost" him around the house because he is so quick and just goes off on his own to explore.
8. 4-wheeler
Asher loves to ride the 4-wheeler with Ella and if she isn't available to drive him around, he tries is hardest to climb up on it by himself. I can't wait to give him his own little one for his bday.
7. Blankies
Asher is growing a quick attachment to his 2 little blankies. Both of them are ones that we received when Ella and Easton were babies but not ones that they gravitated towards. I intended to get Asher his own, but these two have now become "his". When he is tired, he grabs a blankie and pulls it right to his face and buries his face in. So sweet. I knew he was getting attached, but had no idea the extent until he threw one of them into the toilet while Easton was going potty right before bed!! He cried when I took it away and then went into the laundry room on his own looking for it. He then refused to take a new blankie that we were offering him, throwing it on the ground. Luckily he has two so he still had one for bed that night!

6. Paci's
He is quickly developing a habit for his pacifiers! He always has them when he sleeps, and usually in the car too. As he turns one, I hope to wean him from them except for sleeping. I've been trying to teach him to drop them in his crib after nap time and in the morning but now he has learned during the day that he can easily reach his hand into his crib when he wants one (or three!)

5. Toys and Balls
Asher has always been good at playing independently with his toys. It's so cute to see him walk or crawl into his own room on his own to go play with his toys. And recently he has really shown an interest in balls! His favorite are a little wooden hammer and balls toy that my sister gave him for Christmas. I always give him 2 little balls now before laying him on the changing table just so he will stay still!


4. Food
Such a good eater since the beginning! So far, Asher has proven to eat almost anything! It's almost hard to even say what his favorites are because he likes so much. Since he is at a great age to try anything, I'm really trying to introduce lots of stuff. So far, he eats it all. And it's awesome to watch him eat...he has such a quick hand as he gets a handful then quickly shoves it in his mouth. :)
3. Outside
Loves to be outside at this age. Just within the past month I noticed his desire to get outside as much as possible. If he hears the door, he quickly starts heading that way or he'll go to the door in the laundry room that connects to the garage and just bang on it asking to go outside.

2. Ella and Easton
Asher stays so entertained by these two and is so happy when they get home from school each day. They are so good at playing with him and he cracks up so loudly at them. Some of their favorites are peek a boo and of course running around the house. The other day Asher had no idea that he was the "evil monster" as he walked around the house following E and E and they were screaming and running every time he go close. He thought it was hilarious and just kept on following them!
I think at this age, its no surprise that I am Asher's #1 right now. I'll hang on to that as long as I can! This first year has been amazing to spend almost every single day together and I am so thankful for this time with him getting to be there for all the little things as well as the big things. I'm also proud to have met my goal of breastfeeding for the full first year. It's all been such a blessing to both of us!!! It's obvious how much Asher missed his Daddy during tax season. On April 16th, when Michael finally rolled out of bed at a 12:30pm (catching up on tons of lost sleep) Asher saw him and just dropped what he was doing and walked/runned over to him with wide open arms for a big big hug. After that he just walks around the house saying "dada dada dada".









No comments:
Post a Comment