Friday, April 24, 2015

Dear Easton at 5 years old

Dear Easton,

As I write this letter the morning of June 17, you are at Mimi and Papa's house for a few days with Hutson.  You didn't hesitate when I asked if you wanted to go and you are having such a great time.  We spoke last night and you had so many fun things to tell me!  I'm so proud of you for going on your own and enjoying every minute.

Easton, you are such a sweet-hearted, silly boy.  You have so many goofy things you do whether it be silly faces, silly words or a fun laugh, you always keep me smiling.  You are also so extremely affectionate with me and have the best kisses and cuddles.  You so badly want me to sleep in your bed every night and don't think it's fair that me and Daddy get to share a bed.  You melt me with some of the things you say.  Such as, "Mommy, you were gone so long you broke my heart."

You are such an encourager to your little brother, constantly helping him in the pool when he was learning to swim and helping him potty train as well. He watches EVERY SINGLE move you make and looks up to you more than you'll probably ever know.  Asher is lucky to have you, even though you make him cry just as often as you help him back up.  :)

Easton you are LOUD and full of energy!  You love to scream just for fun and run through the house and be wild and crazy.  You are my "first-born boy" and have introduced me to a whole new world of boys that I absolutely adore!  You are constantly on the lookout for bugs and lizards and find new things every single day.  You also find any little nail, screw, washer or coin that there is to be found.  You were so proud of ME the other day when I caught a little frog for you and you kept telling Daddy, "Mommy caught it!"  It made me smile every time I heard you say it.

You are usually a pretty good listener when it comes to things I ask of you.  Often when I tell all of you to go get in the car the other kids are still running around and I'm looking for you only to find you are already sitting in the car buckled up, ready to go.  You are great at your chores, although you try to act like you still need me to help you get dressed and make your bed.  You absolutely don't need help though and do it all on your own a lot of the time.

I am reading "The 5 love languages of children" so I asked you the other day how you know that I love you and you responded, "Because you tell me all the time."  That would indicate that your love language may be "words of affirmation", however I'm still reading the book and you may even be too young to know but I still thought it was interesting to hear what you said.

You have a sensitive nature that I adore.

Easton, you are so much fun to be around!  You make me smile and light up my day.

I love you sweet boy.

Megan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...