Ella is SO close to crawling, but in the meantime, she has learned how to get around going backwards! She is now extremely mobile and is getting into everything. When put on the floor she immediately gets into a crawling position, and if she can't reach her toy, she rocks vigorously, and then ends up on her belly to stretch farther. Once she reaches her toy, she pulls it up with her as she gets back into a sitting position. She does this a million times and ends up all over the floor. It's hilarious to watch and listen to her as she does this.
And its so funny to watch her crawl backwards. She often gets mad since her toy only gets farther away, but she manages to get back around to it eventually. However, since she can only go backwards, she often gets stuck in uncomfortable situations....here she is, mad because she is stuck under our living room couch....


and underneath the guest bed in our office....

and backed into a corner in Mimi & Papa's kitchen...

But with all of this moving around, she found a new toy today...

And here is a cute video I got of her scooting backwards when Megan & Addie came to visit...
She is such a cutie and I love her so much!!
5 comments:
Oh that is so precious! She's getting so big! I love that you're getting pictures of the process...not just the end product!
On another note...those springy things that stop your doors...(I don't know their technical name) have little white caps on them. I've heard that those white caps are the number one choking hazzard for kids. We bought some solid plastic door stoppers for all of our doors, and you just remove the old ones and screw these in. They're probably found at Babies R Us...maybe even Lowe's. Just watch her closely in the mean time. She'll be pulling those white caps off before you know it! :)
I love that she's almost completely mobile...get ready! Time to baby proof the whole house! It's a whole new world. Enjoy every minute
oh my gosh... Julie beat me to the comment... I was jsut about to type the exact same thing! Julie is probably the one that taught me that! :) It makes sense to go ahead and switch them out because even at 24 months... Carter is facintated with the white caps if there are any left in the house! We loved seeing you this weekend and good luck at first week back...ugh!
thanks for that info.! I hadn't even thought about it yet! And last night I was running all over the house with outlet covers....
She'll be running soon!
She's so close to crawling. Everything definatley changes when they are mobile, But they are so happy to get things on their own and sneak around.
Post a Comment