Easton is now 10 MONTHS OLD and already getting TOO BIG to sit for his monthly pictures! Before we know it, he’ll be swinging this bat…. I’m already planning his 1ST birthday, and it just seems too soon. He’s my baby and he’s getting bigger way TOO FAST! Makes me sad and happy all at the same time! He’s absolutely cuter than ever at 10 months old. His two bottom teeth are poking through (as you can see in the picture below) and the two top ones are not far behind!
He can stand up on his own and balance for about 30 seconds. The other day he was standing looking straight up at me with his arms raised as high as possible towards the ski and he was balancing like that, asking me to pick him up. Literally in just the past 2 days I'm noticing that he is wanting to be held more. He crawls and follows me around, then pulls himself up on my leg and looks up at me just asking me to pick him up. Of course, I can't resist his sweet face!
This month, after struggling with it for a while, I finally made the decision to stop pumping and start transitioning away from breastfeeding. It was the right decision for many reasons, and so even though it was really hard, I'm okay with it. For the past week I have quit pumping and that part has been SO nice. I am actually still nursing in the mornings (for just a while longer as long as my milk supply keeps up) and he is still drinking my frozen milk supply during the day, so he only takes 1 formula bottle that I give him at night.
He's not all that interested in most finger foods yet, but this coming month I plan to start introducing them more regularly and see how he does.
This month we also made the decision to get tubes in his ears, after multiple more ear infections. So the surgery is Monday, and hopefully he'll have some relief after that. The hard part is that he really doesn't act sick...he still eats and sleeps great, so we often don't even know that he is in pain with ear infections. :( Makes me so sad.
I find myself just writing all of these "things" (tubes, breastfeeding, etc.) but I don't quite know how to express my love and my joy and the pure happiness that this little boy brings to our family. It is simply beyond words how amazing he is and how amazing it is to see the relationship between siblings, especially little bitty siblings. We are so blessed.
We love you Easton Michael! Happy 10 months baby boy!





No comments:
Post a Comment