Thursday, February 3, 2011

"Miss Ella"

We recently re-decorated our laundry room and I've since noticed that the kids like to play in there.  Easton often crawls in there on his own and Ella will go in there with him and close the door and they just play.  

Over the last couple of days, they have been playing teacher and student in there.  It cracks me up!  I would never have thought they would be doing it this young, but it is adorable and I know that we will have many classrooms in our future.  It totally reminds me of stories I have heard of Michael playing school with his older sisters.  


Here's how the conversation goes....

"Sit on the blue tape Easton."  (He actually sits pretty good and watches her.  Sometimes he tries to crawl away, but she is quick to get on to him).  "No Easton, sit on the blue tape."  Then she sings "good morning, good morning, how are you"...  Then she says, "Easton, how are you today?"  "Happy!"  "Ok"!  "I'm happy too!"  Sometimes mommy is also a student and she tells me to look outside.  If it's sunny then she puts a pretend sun on the wall.  Then she talks about the day of the week and counts the days on her pretend calendar that also hangs on the wall right next to her.  It's really precious.  Then she'll direct songs such as the ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and the Monkey song. 

These are all activities that I know they do at her real school at Concordia each and every morning.

I absolutely love to watch her imagination expand each and every day!  Over the past couple of months I have really seen her imagination grow like crazy!  I also think about what I lucky little boy Easton is to have such a smart, patient and fun big sister!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...